With the beautiful weather we are having, now is the perfect time to get your storm shelter cleaned up and stocked up with all the supplies you might need.
We reached out to our team at Landmark Fine Homes and asked, “What are the “Must Haves” that you put in your storm shelter?” Some of the ideas are things you might have thought of but we have a feeling there are a few on this list that you haven’t.
- Magnetic hooks for hanging tools, backpacks, etc.
- Battery operated fans (If you already have these, be sure and test them to make sure you don’t need new batteries.)
- Set of clothing for each family member
- Dog Food and Leashes
- Case of Water
- Folding Hand Saw
- Battery Operated Radio
- Extra Batteries
- Portable Toilet or a 5 gallon bucket with a lid
- Toilet Paper (Hopefully, you can spare a extra roll)
- Get a “Go Bag” ready with jerky, snacks, blankets, towels, shoes for each person, copies of insurance policies, birth certificates, passports, handheld charging device for phone that is completely charged, feminine products, bowl for dog food/water
- Battery Operated Push Light
- Rain jacket
If you don’t currently have a shelter, it is not too late. There are many options available so research and decide what is best for your situation. At Landmark Fine Homes, we offer our customers the following options:
- Interior Stand Up Shelter that is inside a closet or room
- Garage Shelter- in ground or above ground
- Exterior Shelter- concrete safe room or in ground
These can easily be designed into your new home. Are you curious about the process? Check out our process HERE.